Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Lots to celebrate.


First off, someone got her first tooth yesterday! Though I would love to show you a picture (because, yes, I am that mom), I can't. Ella isn't a fan of us looking in her mouth for teeth. Perhaps its because we've been waitin' for this little bugger for 3 months! Oh yea....there's some teeth in da house!

Next, Ella had her first vote yesterday. Ok, not really. But the older gentlemen who led me to my booth said, "She needs one of these!", and proceeded to give her a sticker even though I cleverly let him know she can't read yet. He just smiled and said, "in due time". So, of this memory, I did take a picture...and giggled as she proudly strutted her "I voted" sticker all day. I mean, this little genius could be president some day. Daddy already sported her slogan sign: "Ella June 2048". (How's that for making us feel old?)

Third on the agenda...
It may seem small to you, but within the last week, I have become a black coffee drinker. What???? Yes! Not even cream. I don't know what has come over me! I'm the girl who used to wake up in our first year of marriage and drink that "coffee drink" stuff...you know, the International Cafe sugary powder you mix with water (which now makes my stomach hurt just thinking about it). David would just look at me and say "Awww...you're so cute", and now he's like "What a beast! Way to go, babe!" The beast part is endearing, mind you.

And fourth...this one is gonna sound a little cooky. I'm just warning you. We've starting brewing and fermenting a fantastic tea called Kombucha. It's a special tea that is fermented for a week with a SCOBY (Symbiotic Colony of Bacteria and Yeast) to produce a delicious tea that is full of B Vitamins and essential amino acids. And, it's super good for your gut. If you want to gently cleanse your liver and kidneys while also flushing out your intestines, drink up. The crazy part is that each week, your SCOBY grows a "baby" AKA another SCOBY. So, you can pass on the love to someone else who wants to start brewing kombucha. All that to say, we are celebrating a new baby in the house, a SCOBY baby. Who wants it? First come, first serve!

So, fill me in. What are YOU celebrating today?



P.S. Thank you for all your sweet comments on my blog. They make my day!


(corresponding song: Celebrate Good Times by Cool and the Gang)

3 comments:

  1. I am celebrating something we have waited for 9 months for our E! We finally got him into the pediatrician of my choice and his medical needs are being addressed! Thank you Jesus! All in Your time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am celebrating two things: the fact that Ryan just put Emet to sleep.. FINALLY. lol.. AND that he is starting to grab for things deliberately and find his feet a little bit!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great!" I'm celebrating the hope of this!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...