Monday, November 29, 2010

Catch up Monday.

It's Catch up Monday.  Flew back from "The Cleve" yesterday early morning.  Way early.  And somehow on both our way to and from Ohio, we escaped radiation and pat downs. Whew.

We hopped off the air-o-plane and headed back home in our yellow SUV to meet a very happy St. Bernard who was awaiting our arrival.

It was a good Thanksgiving.  Full of laughing and baby-kissing.  And board games.

Today, it's back to the sweetness of home.  Time to catch up on laundry, to catch up on spine adjustments after a week of missing chiropractic appointments, and then to vacuum the couches from where Howie slept all week with his muddy paws.  Yesterday, on the plane ride home, I had great aspirations for how much catching up I would do today.  Yet, today, I have lacked a bit of motivation.  It's hard to switch gears.  Going "home" for the holidays is almost like an alternate reality.  Then, you get back to your current home, and you gotta ease your way back in.  So, easy does it.

Laundry is spinning in the dryer while making that clacking noise from one of my jean buttons.  The baby monitor is pulsing next to me with the sound of the "womb" on Ella's sound machine.  Howie is snoring while sprawled out next to the couch.  And our bare Christmas tree is letting its branches fall a bit from being tied up at the lot.  There's a smell of evergreen in the air, and all is slow and peaceful.

I've got a list of Christmas creations in my head.  Excited to get to them.  But today, I'm committing to rest.  Soakin' up the slowness of a Monday at home post holiday.  It's refreshing and restful.  Getting back to quiet.  And spending the day with no expectations.

So, with that, I'm off to curl up with a good book.  Hot coffee in hand.  Blanket on lap.  Big pillow behind me.

Happy Monday.

(corresponding song:  Love Vigilantes by Iron and Wine)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...