Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Celebrate we will.

I throw my hands up in the air sometimes
Saying AYO
Gotta let go
I wanna celebrate and live my life
Saying AYO
Baby, let's go

I came to dance, dance, dance, dance...



Turkey Day is almost here.  You know what that means.  


Celebration.


One of my most favorite things.


Lots of good food. David's cookin'. Babies are laughing. Family movies on the tube.  And Scattergories being played in the dining room.


Oh yea.


And then, there's dinner at the table.  Ever since I was a little kid, I've had this thing about eating meals at the table.  There's something about the connection that happens over a meal that makes the supernatural occur; it's family.  And, yes, as dysfunctional as family can be sometimes, it is in fact, supernatural.  And it's during these times, at the dinner table (over a Turkey perhaps) where everything in the world stops for just a little while, and for a few minutes, we give thanks.


Now, if I had it my way, my thanks would probably include some sort of dancin'; it's just the way I am.  You know, hands up in the air, booty shakin', head bobbin' THANKS.  That's just how I roll. Lots to be thankful for this year. LOTS.


I may not exactly have the opportunity to sport my thanks this way at dinner.  But it's not stoppin' me now.  Today I've got to pack, to clean, and to dance.  It's just bubbling up...and when it starts bubblin', you don't dare stop it.  So, it'll be one of those soapy dish hands meets the Jackson Five, vacuum sweeping lady meets Shakira (yikes), and diaper changin' mama meets Chubby Checker days.  I might even have to break out my disco ball.  Yes, I have one.  It's for parties, ok?


And today's one of those party days.


Here's some of the beauty in which I get to give thanks for this year.




















Yes, 2010, you've been mighty nice to me this year.  And, I give thanks.


Happy Thanksgiving!


In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 
--1 Thessalonians 5:18


(corresponding song: Dynamite by Taio Cruz)





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful! I love seeing pictures of what you're thankful for, really moving. I'm definitely celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow, even if it's not a British celebration! Hope you have a wonderful family day :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...