Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hanging in the Balance.

Hanging in the balance.

That's kinda how I feel today.  Not in an anxious way, but just in a balancing kind of way.

The last two weeks were full of a lot.  I'm talking a lot.  Lots of vision, lots of opportunity, and lots of snot. The whole Humphrey clan was sick in the midst of a really fun couple of weeks.

Now, the sickness is subsiding.  There are still a few coughs a la carte, every once and awhile.  But, in general, we are better.  Life has slowed.  We still have vision and we walked through the opportunities, but now we're turning a new page.

It's called "the wait".

What I am waiting for?  Not quite sure actually.  But it feels like it will be good.

I know it will be good.

And in between the busy busy and the trips to Urgent Care, now I get a chance to catch my breath.  To look around.  To see where I have been, to ask where I am going.

It's times like these when life gives me a "break" that sometimes make me a little squeamish.  Like, c'mon, what's next! Tell me, tell me, tell me!

But this time, even though I am curious, I am choosing to soak up this selah.

To breathe.

And to stop, and take my turn to smell the roses.

Why be in a hurry?

Especially if you're going to live forever.

So, I wait.

And hope.

And chill.

It's only March 16, 2011 once.  So, I'll take my once in a lifetime opportunity to live. Today.

And to smell lots of flowers.  It's beautiful outside!

(corresponding song: 100 Years by Five for Fighting)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...