Friday, March 18, 2011

Cruisin'

I've heard this song several times over the last few weeks.  I kept wanting to use it on my blog, but I just couldn't place it.

Until today.

Ahhhhh.

Feels good.

It's sunny outside, 80 degrees, and I've got myself a new ride.

In that matter of a day, we realized it was time that I trade in my "yellow".  What a good car it was.  What a good 8 year season of having her.  I admit, I had a little bit of a hard time letting her go yesterday.  I spent the day reminiscing over different events that my yellow contributed to.  David and I did our first cross country move in that car--from Ohio to Arizona.  And then, when we decided to move from the desert to the beaches of Alabama, she also took us.  And more recently, she took us on another move, from Alabama to Nashville.  Those road trips are memories.  And not only memories, but for me, lots of God moments.

For whatever reason, my car is my Revelation mobile.  Need to hear from God? Go take a ride.  Need to hear from God and don't even know it? You'll find out when you're taking a ride.  Need a good cry? Ride.  Need a good jam session to some of your favorite tunes? Ride.

You get the point.

And, so, yesterday I spent the day remembering.  Bringing home our baby girl snuggled up real good in February. Looking out in the Kroger parking lot to easily spot where I had parked (because, of course, I had forgotten).  And always answering the question from people, "Why yellow?"

Cause I love Yellow.

And, now, as I say thanks for the memories over the past 8 years, I also say hello to the new memories that will forge in my new car.

You may think "Awfully sentimental for a car, aren't ya?"  Well, yes.  I'm the sentimental type.  To me, it's not just a car, it's a symbol.  It's the evidence of a great transition in my life.

It is no coincidence to me that the same week I trade in my old car for a new one, I also finish my Return to Divine Design course.  And let me tell you, the last 90 days have definitely initiated one of the greatest transformations and transitions in my life.  I've traded in my old life for a new one.

And the new one, is well, me.

I like that.

I've spent the last 90 days really looking at myself, who God made me, my wants and desires, and my hopes and dreams.  Things that had been buried began to surface.  Hurts that needed healed, those surfaced, too.  Emotions? Yea, lots of those.  So freeing.  Getting back to your guts. Coming home to yourself.  Who you were created to be.  Enjoyed.  Cherished. Loved.  Not only by God, but also by yourself.

It's a great feeling.

Especially when you see Him at work.  Coming back to yourself has some major benefits.  Miracles happening right in front of your very eyes.  Doors opening.  And your heart enlarging.

So, as I traded in my yellow "Escape", I'll now be riding in my "Element".  How long I've waited to be in my element.  Isn't that what we all wish for?  Being who you were created to be. Doing what you were created to do.

For today, I have arrived.  I still have plenty of future arriving to do.  I'm only at the very beginning.  There will be new challenges and lessons to be learned.  It will take me deeper, higher, and wider into the adventure of Life.  I'll make new memories, see new things...but this time from a New perspective.



Refreshing.




On that note, I'm off.  Baby girl and I have some ridin' to do.  Windows down.  Music up.  :)




(corresponding song: Cruisin' by Huey Lewis and Gwenyth Paltrow)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...