Monday, January 31, 2011

Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now...

January is over...tomorrow.

So, with January, goes January's trials and unexpecteds and traumas.

We're movin' on...moving into 2011.

Did you know that Biblically the number 11 refers to "transition"?

I can feel it.  It's very much a transitional year.  We're moving up.  Perhaps that's why January has been the way it's been.  Rough.  Cause we're moving into the New.  Change can be difficult, but I'm learning a little bit more each time it comes around to just let it happen.

Lettin' go...

And hangin' on...

All at the same time.

You know what I mean?

I've been watching numerous people move into the New.  Setting aside fears.  Moving toward destiny.  Going with what's in their guts.  It is so refreshing.  It's like we've come to a point where we've finally come to the end of ourselves, when we realize that nothing else matters.  This pursuit of Love that we're in, it's all we think about.  There's no turning back.

And the things we once thought were important actually turn out to be dust in comparison to knowing this God of the Universe.

Now some people may call us crazy, naive, and just plain "religious".  How can we rely on someone you can't see? Something you can't prove?  Well, I can see Him.  Every day.  When I see the fruit of this season bloom next season.  When I see the restoration of things that seemed impossible to restore.  When I see my dreams coming true--right in front of my eyes.  And all I did was say, "Yes. I'll believe You can do the impossible."  And then, it happens.

And when these things happen, my faith builds.  Bigger and bigger.  I get another glimpse of the future; I get another piece of the puzzle.  And everything that I've gone through, big things and little seemingly random things, start to make sense.

And I realize that nothing can stop what's been started.  There is too much at stake.  There has been too much progress, too much faithfulness, and too much confirmation to turn around now.  And, you know what?  Turning around stops even being an option.  You stop looking back.  You can't go back to Egypt once you've gotten a look at the Promised Land.

We're getting into our groove.

Clearing our path into the future.  Making a way in the desert.

And it feels so very good.

Onward. Upward.  Bigger space needed.  New places to explore.


(corresponding song: Ain't No Stopping Us Now by McFadden & Whitehead)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...