Monday, December 20, 2010

I Love Lucy.

Women of my little world, I've been wearing the same dress for almost a week now.  So far, so good.  It's fun.  Every time I step into it, I get to step into the life of a new woman.  Myself, of course.  I am a new woman every day, always learning a bit more about myself.  And now, I also get to step into the dress of one of my new "friends".

This weekend, I took an acting workshop.  So, I thought it only appropriate to bring a little Lucy with me.  What a woman...and what a ride.  My workshop was put on by a casting director from LA; she taught us what to do and what not to do if you're auditioning for a professional role.  Somehow, Lucy seemed to break all the rules.  Do you remember?  She was always wanting to audition for one of Ricky's shows and would do almost anything in order to get the chance.  If you've got ten minutes, you'll get a good laugh here.

So, as I prepared for my big class, I thought of her.  Fiesty and determined, she moved forward...to get a chance to be, well, herself...funny and charming and workin' a crowd. And, this weekend, so did I.  I went into it a little bit nervous.  This casting director who taught our workshop, let's just say she's got more than a little bit of experience, and well, I didn't exactly know what I was stepping into as I signed up for the class.  But as I sat there, in that circle, with a group of people vying for her attention, desperately asking her to make them the next Hilary Duff or Justin Timberlake, I thought to myself, "I'd rather just be me."  No need to be anyone else, no need to push my way to the front of the line.  I'll wait my turn...and while I'm waitin', I'll learn more about being me.

Right around this time, after she had interacted with us a little bit, she started spreading about 5 billion papers (exaggeration, yes, but it was a lot) all over the floor.  She started glancing over them all trying to match each of us up with a monologue to perform for the class.  After getting through a few people, she walks over to me and says "Sarah, this one's for you."  Oh really....





As I try not to let out a chuckle, I look around the room at everyone desperately trying to memorize their monologue.  And I think to myself, "Wow, it sure pays to be me.  Thanks, God. " A little kiss from heaven.    For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, see here.).  As a friend of mine said in reference to this story, "God sure is in your business." Yes, yes He is, and we are on a journey together. And this little teenage dream of mine, well, it's starting to come true.

Onward and upward.  Time to be me.  Oh yea.....

You think I'm pretty
Without any makeup on
You think I'm funny when I tell the
Punch line wrong
I know you get me
So I let my walls come down, down
Before you met me I was alright
But things were kinda heavy
You brought me to life,
Now every February
You'll be my Valentine, Valentine

(Pre-chorus)
Let's go all the way tonight
No regrets, just love
We can dance until we die
You and I, we'll be young forever

(Chorus)
You make me
Feel like I'm living a
Teenage dream
The way you turn me on
I can't sleep
Let's run away and
Don't ever look back
Don't ever look back
My heart stops
When you look at me
Just one touch
Now baby I believe
This is real
So take a chance and
And don't ever look back
Don't ever look back.



And here is my Lucy day dress picture with my sweet sidekick!  I'll be better at putting up more as they come. I've just been lazy about taking pictures! Sorry!  ;)






(corresponding song: Teenage Dream by Katy Perry)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...