Friday, December 3, 2010

Life is good.



So, we've got this little problem(s).  It's time for Ella to start eating her big girl food.  By big girl food, I mean those little puff ball things that she can pick up with her fingers.  Cheerios that dissolve quickly, if you will.

Sounds exciting, doesn't it?

She's great at picking them up.  A real pro I tell you.  But, when it comes to putting them on her tongue, she turns into a turtle trying to shove its head back into its shell.  If you can finally manage to trick her a little bit and get one on her tongue (even after showing her that mama will eat one), it will just sit there.  And a few seconds later, it's followed with a gag reflex.  So, I figure we'll give up for today and try again tomorrow.  She'll like 'em when she's ready.

Onto the next problem.  I'm sure you've already seen it for yourself.  I'm not sure that Ella necessarily sees Howie's rudeness as a problem.  She doesn't like the little puffs, so why can't Howie have them?  And Howie has learned quickly that Ella gets to eat the good stuff.  He looks at me like with his big brown eyes and whines "How come I don't get any of those green puffs? I need my greens, too."  Ok, Howie, ok.  (Any parents with big dogs have any tips? Howie will soon be following Ella around at the hip no doubt.)

In other news, it's not even Christmas yet, and we have a huge case of spoiled around here.  Between Ella's toys and newspaper ads (oh does she love reading the paper) and Howie's new habit of lounging on the couch all--day--long, I'm not sure if spoiled even does them justice.  Life is good around here.






Have a great weekend!


(corresponding song: Papa loves Mambo by Perry Como)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...