Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day Planner.

So, today, I took a small plunge.  I bought myself a planner.  I have had planners before, but I tend to slide more to the P side of Myer's Briggs than the J side.  So, organization is sometimes hard for me.  But, I keep feeling like it's time for me to put some of my goals on paper... and then, get to it.

Last night, I added more to my lists of fears and to my list of wants.  I asked the Holy Spirit to un-bury what was buried.  That'll get ya going.

Afterward, I decided to make another list.  This list would help encourage the practical portion of myself that I often leave at the door.  If you are a dreamer, you know what I'm talkin' about.  I sometimes envy people who are task masters.  Me? I'm just not really one of them at the moment.  Tasks are difficult for me.  I can much more easily dream than actually do.  But, I'm ready to activate my "doing" side.  Baby steps.  I bought a day planner. Step one: check.

To help me activate my practical side, here is my to do list.

1.  Remind myself to start small; don't get ahead of myself.
2.  Make a small and flexible set of goals.  Follow them; avoid double-mindedness.  Just go for it.
3. Define my roles and make a personal mission statement (I got this idea HERE).
4. Be realistic with my goals and time.
5.  Have accountability with others who are encouraging to me.
6.  Go with my guts.
7.  Have fun.
8.  Pray for myself.  Ask for success in my endeavors.

Now this list may seem trite to some of you common sense type of people.  But let me tell you, I am book smart.  This list was hard work! :D

And after my first step of hard work, I am feeling empowered to move toward some of my wants.

On my way to Target to purchase my cute little planner, I turned on the radio.  Sometimes I turn on the radio and ask God to play me songs.  He likes that game.  I do, too.  He always picks just the right ones. And then, you usually hear them on my blog the next day.

So, this morning, this was my song (emphasis mine).  Happy Thursday!

I am unwritten
Can't read my mind
I'm undefined

I'm just beginning
The pen's in my hand
Ending unplanned

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words
That you could not find

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin

No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips

Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten







(corresponding song: Unwritten by Natasha Beddingfield)

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget the ever-important: Don't beat yourself up about it! If you miss a goal or fall behind, instead of getting down on yourself, just think about why it happened. Maybe right now is not the right time or maybe you had too much going on. Take a deep breath and try again!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...